For the second year, the Global Compact Network Italy launches the "SDG Pioneer Local Round" campaign to identify a new SDG Pioneer Italy.
Using business as a positive force to support SDGs: in line with this vision, the competition aims to identify and celebrate a Business Professional active at any level within a Global Compact member company (directly, or as a Subsidiary) and daily engaged in the advancement of Agenda 2030.
More specifically, candidates for the SDG Pioneer Italy title must work in companies that:
- have already selected their UNGC Engagement Tier - Signatory or Participant
- have sent at least one COP - Communication on Progress to the UNGC
- joined the UNGC before 30 September 2019 (Subsidiaries will be admitted if their Parent Company meets this requirement).
SDG PIONEERS LOCAL ROUND | ITALY - TIMELINE
- 17 February 2020: launch of the initiative
- 17 February - 15 April: collection of applications
- 15 April - 21 May: review and evaluation of applications
- by May 2020: SDG Pioneer Italy 2020 announcement
The nationally appointed SDG Pioneer will have direct access to the Global Round, which will take place between 21 May and 21 July, with the announcement of the 2020 SDG Pioneers at the United Nations General Assembly in New York in September 2020.
Taking part in the 2020 SDG Pioneers Campaign is an opportunity to:
- reward the work and professionalism of that resource that, within the company, is making an exceptional effort to support the Agenda 2030.
- demonstrate the company's leadership on sustainability issues and in the advancement of SDGs.