Last 30th June has been presented in Rome the "Manifesto of the Green Economy on Agri-food for the occasion of Expo 2015", approved by the National Council of the green economy (composed by 65 Business Associations) and elaborated through a participatory approach involving hundreds of experts in the working groups of the States General of the Green Economy.
This Manifesto expresses a point of view of the Green Economy on agricultural food production on the occasion of Expo Milano 2015.
The goal of the Manifesto is to voice in an International context the Italian Agri-food Green Economy point of view on 7 crucial topics in our times:
- Sustainable and quality-based development of the agricultural food production;
- The priority of agricolture between food production and other uses;
- The impacts of climate change on agriculture and the measures to address the climate crisis;
- Sustainable farming models;
- Food safety and security;
- Food waste;
- Threats to food production and consumption of agricultural soils.
This Manifesto has been translated, disseminated and is open for signatures in order to stimulate the reflection and debate on the occasion of Expo 2015.